Shree Swaminarayan Temple Mandvi
Tel: +91 2834 222 888
It brings great pleasure to us on seeing the temple of Shree Swaminarayan in Mandvi. This is the place which is sanctified by the holy feet of Shree Sahajanad Swami. This temple is under the administrative control of Shree Swaminarayan Temple Bhuj. The idols of Shree Vrindavanvihariji Maharaj and Shree Harikrishna Maharaj were installed on 7/3/1859, Monday the 2nd day of Falgun in Samvat 1916. Under the progress of time the Satsang in near by area was spreading extremely due to effort of bhuj santos. The temple was now felt smaller and everyone agreed to build a new temple in a wider area. This dream came true with the aid of Kutchi followers and by grace of Bhagwan Swaminarayan and bhuj santos.
The foundation stone for new temple was therefore laid on 19/5/1991, Sunday on Samvat 2047 sixth day of Vaishakh by His Holiness Acharya Maharaj Shri Tejendraprasadji and Mahant Swami of Bhuj and under sincere effort of the followers of this area. The new temple was completed within 8 year period, with white marble under Indian art, having attractive dome and high crowns of temple. Shree Vrindavanvihari Maharaj being in the centre, where as on south side Shree Ghanshyam Maharaj and Sukhsaya of Shree Sahajanand Swami on North side. On the entrance of initial temple, Shree Ganapati Dev are installed on north side, having crown whereas 'Shree Hanumanji' on the south side. One large sized 'Ghumat' (Dome) is constructed in the centre of the temple where on its each column, the pictures of Saints and well known Bhaktas are carved on the marble. Similarily each and every pillars in the temple are decorated with art. There is one large sized Sabha mandap (auditorium) which is on north side of the temple where more than thousand persons can be addressed during the Katha programmes. In the center of the Sabha mandap, one thrown (Sinhasan) is made out of white marble where the outlooking idols of Shree Radhakrishna Dev, Shree NarNarayan Dev and Shree Hari are installed. On west side of this, main office of the temple as well as residential accomodation for Saints are made. Santos stay here permanenty who come from bhuj mandir and change as per yearly shift. On the same area a ladies temple is also built for ladies to have religious discourses.
On the east side of the main entrance of the above temple complex, one colourful temple exclusively for ladies, with beautiful pictures on the walls is constructed under the vast area. As per the system of the religion, Ladies should hold religious rituals separately from male devotees. The temple was opened on 20/4/2000, simultaneously with the Gents temple. There is one large Sabha mandap in the centre of the temple also where white marbled thrown is made, installed idols are of Shree Radhakrishnadev, Shree NarNarayan dev and Shree Hari, which are indeed very attractive. Before this thrown twice in a day, the ladies followers gather and perform the readings of the religious books of Shree Hari and sing the praising songs for the Lord Shree Swaminarayan. All the walls of the temple are highly decorated with the number of coloured pictures narrating the life and actions of Shreeji Maharaj and Lord Krishna. Sankhya yogi Baiyo stay in this complex permanently to head the Ladies devotees.